Our mission is to provide our community with accurate information and educational resources regarding the life issues of abortion, infanticide and euthanasia, as well as promoting assistance to women and families facing unexpected pregnancies and those recovering from abortion. We do this through education, legislation and grassroots activism.
- Displays at public events that highlight the beauty of life in all ages and stages.
- Life Lessons available for Kindergarten through 12th grade for use in Sunday School, youth group sessions and Vacation Bible School.
- Mothers Day billboard campaign.
- Presentations and resources available on all life issues for civic groups, churches, Sunday School classes and more.
Recent Pro-Life Legislation Passed:
- Informed Consent for women and girls considering abortion (2015). This legislation requires abortion facilities to provide accurate information about the development of the baby, alternatives and resources available to assist the mother, and possible physical and psychological risks of the abortion.
- 48 Hour Waiting Period (2015). This legislation requires a 48 hour waiting period in order to reduce coerced abortions and to allow time to carefully consider the information and resources provided by informed consent provisions.
- Regulation of Abortion Facilities (2015). This legislation requires the inspection and licensure by the Tennessee Department of Health in order to hold abortion providers accountable.
- Prevent the Trafficking of Human Remains (2016). This legislation strengthens reporting requirements by abortion facility operators, increase inspections of these facilities and ensure that the remains of unborn children cannot be bought or sold following an abortion in Tennessee. The bill also requires informed consent by a woman prior to an abortion specific to the disposition / disposal of her unborn child's body.
Click here for list of Tennessee's abortion laws.
- Sponsors yearly March for Life in January to commemorate the 1973 Supreme Court Decision (Roe v. Wade) legalizing abortion.
- Holds high school Art and Oratory Contests to help equip students to express their pro-life convictions.
Items Needed for TRL Rummage Sale
We will start accepting items at St. Joseph School on Cedar Lane starting Saturday, June 11 and continuing through June 23. We will be available from 9:00-noon and again from 5-7 every day except Sunday from June 11- June 23. The sale will run two weekends June 17-18 and June 24 -25. Please start gathering your items and asking friends, family and church members to do the same. If you have questions or if you need to schedule a different time than those listed to bring your items, contact the TRL office at 689-1339 or email@example.com